Social Media Headquarters® (HQ) publishes content that is timely, engaging, valuable and high quality. To maintain the standards we’ve set for Social Media HQ®, our editorial team requires that all contributors adhere to the below guidelines when submitting content for publication.
- The best way to know if your content is in line with what our readers want to read is to browse our existing content – anything related to social media, whether it’s news, tips or trends, is perfect.
- Use a conversational (and dare we say – fun!) tone. Just like in social media, a casual, engaging tone is the best to connect with an audience and we’d like to portray the same among our community.
- Image(s) plus an impactful, descriptive headline must be included with your posts (more on this below). Posts must be 500 words or more.
- Be a careful editor of your work! We love posts which are free of grammar and spelling errors, as do our readers.
- This is a plagiarism-free zone. We welcome original content.
- Third-person narrative is preferred, however first person is acceptable when your post contains a personal story or opinion. Use your best judgment when choosing a narrative style, including the less-common second person.
Media + Linking Guidelines
- The quality and effectiveness of a post is greatly enhanced by using relevant images, videos, infographics and outbound links. We encourage you use items such as these as long as they’re eligible to be republished and within the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights laws.
- All posts must contain a “Featured Image” with a source of credit.
- Featured images must be at least 750×400 pixels.
- All pictures, charts, videos, graphs used within the article must have a source of credit.
- Do not use the following in your posts: affiliate links; links to inappropriate or irrelevant sites or content; excessive use of keywords; sales pitches; overly promotional language; and rude/offensive language. We have the right to remove any links or advertising within the contributed posts.
- Please include a bio at the end of your article and any social media accounts you would like to add.
- We have the right to edit or reject posts based on quality, content, subject matter or sole discretion.
- We have the right to edit any post titles for optimized reader experience and search engine optimization.
- Any content that you post to your user profile or through RSS feeds from your own blog will be considered non-confidential and open for public view.
- We have the right to syndicate content to third parties. (so make sure your work is stellar!)
- You are solely responsible for the originality and accuracy of your submissions.
- Edit your work before submitting. Once posts are published, we cannot guarantee additional changes can be made.